Tred presents the Bravewill Foundation with a $1,000 check on behalf of the Gold's Gym Media Fitness Challenge. For more information on the Bravewill Foundation, visit: www.bravewill.org
4th grader Zachary Maxwell got fed up with the lunches that got served at his school so he made a movie about it that's getting a lot of buzz and stirring up a bit of controversary. Check out the trailer for "Yuck" and share your thoughs...
OK...I'm going to let my "geek" flag fly a little bit with this! The first teaser trailer for the next Star Trek movie, "Star Trek Into Darkness" is out and I've already watched it 3 times!!! See what you think:
Here's your "River 3:15 Trivia Question" for Wednesday...
Almost one third of us will do this tonight. What is it?
Do you want to see what a $4.2 million dollar Christmas Tree looks like?!? Of course you do!!!
Here are more specific details for you:
- The ornament is made of 88 pounds of pure gold.
- It's height is about eight feet, and it's three feet in diameter.
- It is decorated with pure gold-plate silhouette cutouts of 50 well-known Disney characters.
- It is draped with gold leaf ribbons.
Oh yeah, and the tree costs 350 million yen, in other words- $4.2 million.
Here's your "River 3:15 Trivia Question" for today...
The average person only uses about 70% of this. What is it?
Here's your question for Monday December 3rd...
Almost 40% of us have a favorite one of these. What is it?
During the holiday season you know it's going to happen to somebody and since we had two cats when I was growing up it was expected...the olde "Christmas Tree Tumble"! Here's 31 in 35 seconds for your viewing pleasure and amazingly nobody was hurt:
and for "New Music Monday" the band Junior Doctor is back witha new song called "Falling to Pieces". It's pretty darn good and as always feel free to tell me what you think:
Happy "Hairband and Bacon Friday" everybody! First up a classic video from David Lee Roth during his solo days...
and with holiday parties quickly coming up how about this tasty bacon appetizer recipe?!?
Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
6 slices bacon
16 medium mushrooms
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon chopped onion
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, dice and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
3. Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Remove from heat.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon and 1/2 cup Cheddar. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
6. Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
7. Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Talking about Christmas tree train sets today and I found this one...WOW! This looks like something Clark Griswold would own!!!