Now there are probably 100's of these but I saw these 17 today and wanted to share...Tred
1. They go with their gut. Small children don't spend a lot of time fretting over whether they made the right decision.
2. They live in the moment. They don't dwell in the past. They don't worry about the future -- unless they are being told that it's almost bedtime.
3. They make stuff. They draw. They sculpt. They glue. They paint.
4. They dance. Do you know the expression, "Dance like nobody's watching"? They do that.
5. They sing. They break into song at the drop of a hat. Anytime. Anywhere. Even in the bathroom. Who are we kidding? Especially in the bathroom.
6. They hum. Why do they hum? Because they can't whistle.
7. They say what they mean. They speak their mind. They don't need to get anything off their chests because they've already said everything they needed to in the first place. If adults did that, there would be a lot less drinking at Thanksgiving.
8. They get excited. They get so excited!
9. They don't care if it's new. A child's favorite movies are the ones she's seen again and again. Her favorite books are the ones she's been read over and over. And if she has a favorite dress, she'll want to wear it every day.
10. They stop and smell the roses. They're big on smelling things.
11. They don't discriminate. Until taught otherwise, they're accepting of everyone.
12. They admit when they're scared. This lets us help them alleviate their fears. Sometimes, the solution is as easy as turning on a night-light. If only all of our fears could be solved by turning on a night-light.
13. They accept compliments. When you give a child a compliment, she'll probably answer with either "thank you," or "I know."
14. They nap. They may go into it kicking and screaming, but most little children nap and wake up new-and-improved.
15. They go to bed early. But it's not by choice and it takes a lot of effort on our part because they actually believe the expression "you snooze, you lose."
16. They engage. Children often become so deeply engrossed in what they're doing that they don't hear you when you call them.
17. They march to the beat of their own drum. Literally. Little kids can often be found marching around their houses banging on things.